BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

Ricky Martin Finally Comes Out of the Closet

Finally putting the speculation to rest, the truth has come out about Ricky Martin. He is gay.

Martin came out of the closet by posting a really long note on his website in both English and Spanish for both of his fan audiences.

Here are some highlights of the note:

"Writing my memoirs got me very close to my truth-- Hiding my sexuality any longer would indirectly diminish the glow that my kids (twin boys from a surrogate mother) were born with."

"These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn’t even know existed."

In an old interview (August 1999) with Rollingstone Magazine, Ricky Martin seemed to give hints about his sexuality:

"You can fantasize however you want to. Go for it. Be free about it. I’m not too concerned with what people say about me. You can think whatever you want. I know what I am, my beliefs, what I like and don’t like."

His lengthy note ends in a peaceful ending:

“Writing this is a solid step towards my inner peace and vital part of my evolution--I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am.”

Good for Ricky!
*
This video makes light of the "Coming Out of Ricky" situation:

And just for old times sake:

0 comments: