BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

Phil Collins Suffering From Nerve Damage

After a surgery to repair a dislocated vertebrae on his neck, Phil Collins, best known for his work in Genesis has suffered severe nerve damage to his hands that has made drumming and playing the piano now impossible.

Ironically, Collins claims that the damage was a result of his poor posture during the Genesis' 2007 World Tour, which caused his vertebrae to crush his spinal cord.

Phil Collins told Rollingstone Magazine, “The first time I picked up the drum sticks after my neck surgery, they flew across the room because I couldn’t grip them. I’ve had to tape the sticks to my hand. It’s very strange. It really cramps your style.”

But despite saying this Collins stays optimistic.

"After a successful operation on my neck, my hands still can't function normally," Collins told newspaper The Daily Mirror. "Maybe in a year or so it will change, but for now it is impossible for me to play drums or piano. I am not in any distressed state -- stuff happens in life."

0 comments: