BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, March 29, 2010

The Features: New band gave awesome performance!

The Features appeared in concert on February 28th at Revolution Live as the opening band to Manchester Orchestra. I believe part of the reason why the Manchester Orchestra concert seemed to suck so much was because The Features blew everyone away. Manchester Orchestra should have opened for them!
*
The Features, as I have previously blogged about, are a relatively new indie band. Well for being a new band they played like pros. They played as if they had famously been around for years. They knew what the audience wanted and they gave it them. They initiated sing-alongs, played only dance-worthy music, and knew how to communicate well with all the concert-goers.
*
Here is an excerpt from another review of this same concert (I agree with what he says about The Features in the following paragraph, but strongly disagree about what he says about Manchester Orchestra in the rest of the review.)
*
"By the time I made it inside, The Features were setting up their gear. Not knowing anything about them, I planned to hang in the back and wait for Manchester Orchestra--but from the very first song, The Features caught my attention, and I was turning to my girlfriend saying, “Hey, these guys are good.” They play what I will cautiously call indie bar rock. You know: Modest Mouse meets Wilco. The guitars are scratchy, the vocals sharp, and the mood defiantly carefree. Many in the audience seemed to know the band already, and most of the rest of us were quickly won over. The Features charmed the crowd with a very organic balance of energy and melody, bursting into what seemed like jam sessions at random. But behind this, “Hey, it’s just rock and roll, so who cares?” attitude were some very well-crafted tunes, and for the first time in years, I’m considering buying one of the opening acts’ albums."
*
After attending this concert I have almost no doubt that The Features will have a successful future. Perhaps Manchester Orchestra should take a few music lessons from them!
*

0 comments: