BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Opinion Blog: Enough With Taylor Swift!



One word that describes Taylor Swift: BORING!!!
(Before I begin, can I just point out how ridiculous that picture to the right is? Please Taylor! Please! Do not start rapping like you said you wanted to!)

In my opinion, Taylor Swift is as plain as a white wall. She is another blond pop icon who tries to make movies but fails, who gives off the squeaky clean image until something raunchy is revealed (which something will), and who has become so commercialized into our clueless media that it's just annoying!


Yes, she is pretty, plays the guitar, and seems like a sweet girl, but who really cares? She does not have the potential to become a lasting star. All her lyrics seem to be the same. All cheesy love songs. And her voice is generic.


I really don't think she should've won all those Grammy awards. But then again, sometimes our media doesn't appreciate true music. They go by what's on the radio and what teenagers, who barely pass Algebra, like.


I wish our music industry would wake up and realize what good music is. I wish they would realize that lyrics like these (From the song "You Belong With Me"): "But she wears short skirts, I wear T-shirts She's Cheer Captain and I'm on the bleachers..." SUCK!


Oh and for the record, Kanye, you're mean, but totally right...

0 comments: